Michael Hussey tests COVID-19 positive for the second time

Michael Hussey, the former Australian cricketer, has tested positive for COVID-19 yet another time. On Friday, the veteran batter tested negative and seemed to have made a fast recovery. However, he would have to stay back in India after the coronavirus came back to haunt him.

In the first instance, Hussey, also the batting coach of the Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League, contracted the virus after it was revealed that three other members of the staff were positive. The southpaw is understood to have sat next to a bus assistant.

Earlier, it was learned that Hussey’s symptoms weren’t strong after he went into isolation. He became the first overseas member in the IPL to be infected with the coronavirus. He also couldn’t join the rest of the Australians, who went to the Maldives.

Michael Hussey had mild symptoms

“We’ve spoken to Mike today. He is in good spirits. His symptoms are relatively mild. He is in a stint of isolation in his hotel room…he has good support systems around him,” Todd Greenberg, the chief executive of the Australian Cricketers’ Association, was quoted as saying in ESPNcricinfo.

Back on May 4, the Board of Control for Cricket in India decided to postpone the 2021 IPL. The Kolkata Knight Riders have been most affected by the virus. After Varun Chakravarthy and Sandeep Warrier, Prasidh Krishna and Tim Seifert also tested positive for COVID-19.

The Indian board is currently looking for a window to complete the rest of the tournament. BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has already said that hosting the remainder of the IPL in India would be a tough task. Things went array during the second leg of the tournament when the games were taking place in Delhi and Ahmedabad.

In the meantime, the ones staying in the Maldives were alarmed when they woke up to an enormous explosion before 6 am on Sunday morning. A Chinese rocket entered the earth’s atmosphere and crashed near the island.

“We heard the bang around 5.30 am this morning. Experts say the noise we heard is the crack in the atmosphere which sets off a wave of sound not the actual impact of the rocket,” David Warner, the former skipper of the Sunrisers Hyderabad, said.